Given the choice, we’d all want a full set of healthy teeth. Unfortunately, due to poor tooth brushing habits, accidents involving the face, or bad eating habits, people may end up losing one or more of their teeth.
For many, removable dentures are the most cost-effective way of replacing missing teeth. The procedure is also very quick and easy.
An alternative to removable dentures is permanent dentures. Here are the pros and cons of getting fitted with permanent dentures.
Permanent Denture Pros
- Compared to a removable denture, permanent dentures let you eat and speak more comfortably. You also avoid the mouth injuries and jaw bone shrinking that may result from using removable denture.
- If you use permanent dentures, you will avoid the tedious process of having to replace your removable denture after a while because it tends to loosen.
- A permanent denture is low in maintenance. You do not need to remove it every now and then to have it cleaned after meals.
- A permanent denture provides a stronger biting force. It is also more durable and longer-lasting. It will not distort your facial features.
- Compared to implants, permanent dentures involve a shorter surgery and faster healing time. The procedure is also less invasive, and more comfortable during your post-op recovery. Permanent dentures are relatively cheaper, too.
Permanent Denture Cons
- The area around the permanent dentures is subject to infection if not taken care of properly.
- Because the dentures are permanently placed, the dentures cannot be easily removed if you are uncomfortable or when there is inflammation.
- Having permanent dentures can be relatively expensive, and you still need to have them replaced every 10 years or at the end of their life span.
- Compared to a dental implant, a permanent denture is less natural in terms of its feel, look, and function. That’s because permanent dentures rest on top of the jaw bone and are not implanted into the bone.
- While permanent dentures last longer than removable dentures, permanent dentures do not last as long as dental implant do. Dental implants can last a lifetime.
Dentist in South Florida
If you are in need of dental solutions, fret not because at My Pompano Dentist we are committed to providing our customers with comprehensive dental options, including dentures, at our state-of-the-art facility. We also ensure that our procedures are safe and effective for our patients.
We have always been committed to our goal of putting a beautiful and healthy smile on the faces of our clients. Feel free to visit us at NE 14th Street Causeway in Pompano Beach. Our relaxed environment would surely make you feel at home, and our cutting edge technology would give you a sense of security on the procedures that we do. Our friendly staff looks forward to serving you.
Do you have an immediate concern about dentures? Please do not hesitate to give My Pompano Dentist a call at (954) 941-2412 to arrange for a consultation or request an appointment now.